Sunday, April 3, 2016

What's Next

Existing Markets:

What I think whats next for my venture, I think that I should begin targeting new customers, find a way to do it and expand the brand.


I think that based on this information that I was given, I am now better able to understand what new demands are and what interests certain customers and what will end up attracting new people in the long run. Now I believe I just have to have find an effective and cost efficient way of approaching all these prospective customers.
The way I plan to do this is by looking to new markets and conducting a customer scan and based on responses I can formulate a way to reach and target the vast majorities. This way I will have a more steady customer base and this will also foster loyalty.

New Markets:
For new markets i planned to target people that are the complete opposite of what I'm currently targeting. This means I will ask pet owners and non pet owners alike. Thus giving me a wide range of people and the way they think.


What I learned from this new market is that many different people have different preferences and different tastes. There fore it is essential to understand a large portion of your market in order to make profitable adjustments. This means that surveys and data collection are essential if one is to understand their target market.
Whether it be by offering special offers, discounts and sales, it is or by opening up the app and encompassing more of the user's life.  It is important to adapt to new trends and new interests that may arise in the public at any give time. And in these options you create, step in and make a lucrative situation out of what other wise might just be a new trend.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andres,

    It looks like this exercise allowed you to gain new ideas for your business concept. I like your idea of allowing pet owners to connect and find lost pets. By marketing this and getting the exposure needed, this could become an app that people think of first when they lose their pet. Although brief in your interviewee’s responses, I think they came up with some great ideas. Good luck with your venture if you decide to move forward with it.

    Link to my What’s Next post - http://joyspurlock.blogspot.com/2016/03/whats-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andres,

    You seem to have a very good grasp on your business concept and how you can continue to grow and expand this idea. This app idea sounds very interesting and I think it has a large amount of potential especially in a college town like UF. Your interviews were pretty short and I would have liked to hear some longer responses in order to see where people think you should go in both markets. Overall, I think you are in a very good position with your company. Check out my post when you can, http://chrispate25.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Figuring out what the customer wants and how you can give it them is very important, by figuring that out you can do this by expanding your market really shows that you got the most out of this assignment. Because people all have so many different interests and preferences it's great that you can identify which ones will create the most profit for your business. You can check out my blog, theyact.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andres,
    I think you did a good job at talking to different sets of customers for this assignment. I went to an entrepreneurship meeting and the speaker had a similar idea to yours. He made a dating app for exclusively pet owners. Check it out its called Puppylove it might help you create new ideas on your venture.

    ReplyDelete