Friday, April 15, 2016

Google Gold



Search Engine Optimization is a term that many throw around and often times try to define yet there are really few who truly understand the meaning and the power and importance behind it. A few of the things I tried to do in my blog in order to increase hits in search engines is to use regular, every day words that people will oftentimes search for on the internet, this will increase the likelihood of one of their hits being my blog. Also, I tried to keep the language relatively simple as opposed to super complicated so that my blog could really be understood by a majority who may not be such an expert in a certain field. Lastly, I simply tried to keep things interesting, this blog wasn't so much a requirement for the class but rather a means through which I can tell of my accomplishments and failures and experiences in it.
My key words were things that could relate to the topic I was talking about, and I don't just mean entrepreneurship in general but rather pets, finding lost pets and mobile applications. This I believe will target a certain audience that will be more likely to be interested in my blog and future plans than your average person on the internet. While my key words at first started with pet related cases, it evolved as my venture evolved and once I had a more complete idea of what I wanted, my key words reflected that change as well.
To be honest, there must have once only one instance in which I can recall I used social media when referring to my blog, and that must have been a complaint about all the upcoming assignments I had to do, which was quite sarcastically worded on Twitter. It got a couple of likes though.
My most viral post was my Elevator Pitch No.1, I believe this was the case due to this being my introduction to my main idea and the concept that I would be working towards for the rest of the semester. Thus I feel it is important that people first understand my idea in order to fully grasp any other of my subsequent posts.
I did not make it to the first page of google, as it seems that there are quite other websites out there that talk about pets, pet finding services and application development services in general. I could not find my own blog as it must have been buried very deeply in there somewhere (I looked up to page 8, then gave up and grabbed a beer).


2 comments:

  1. Hi Andres, great job reflecting on your post! I liked your approach you did for increasing viewers for the blog. I did not use any social media to promote my blog so using Twitter was definitely great way to distribute your business concept with a number of people. Even though I did not make efforts to increase viewers, interestingly, my bog was on the first page on the Google search engine. I think it is because my business concept was not so broad. You can take a look at my post here!
    http://yukikokurashima.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold-week-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andres, it sounds like you have a really good understanding of search engine optimization. I took the same approach as you did in using normal every day words in order to help my business venture get as many hits as possible. I agree with you that it is extremely important for a company to get as much internet traffic is possible. Great job with the assignment. Check out my blog here http://ufshanebrown.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete