Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Celebrating Failure

One of the things that has always gotten to me is my lack of appropriate work ethic. I have been trying to recently change that and actually do my assignments in an early fashion so as to not be rushing at an incoming deadline in a last minute kind of way. However, I have seen little progress in that situation and I find it frustrating how I often can be so decided on doing work but most of the time simply lack the motivation to get started. I have failed at this change in midst a number of times this semester and to be honest, if I learned anything at all it is that I am not good at this change in lifestyle kind of thing, maybe its just not for me. I will keep trying nevertheless because I think that if I ever do achieve this change it will be beneficial for me in the end. The way I handled this repeated failures is by simply trying again, there are still assignments to do and even though I have started doing some things in advance, the harder stuff I usually leave for last, I still do not know why. This class changed my failure perception by helping me better analyze which risks I take and why, because it is senseless to take risks just for the sake of it, but rather if you truly believe something will come out of it and are willing to work for it then it is perfectly fine to take risks.



2 comments:

  1. Hello there Andres! Great job on this assignment!
    I totally understand your point in this assignment buddy, I think we all struggle with time management in a way or another. I had a lot of trouble my freshman year of college getting assignments done in time, and it gave me so much stress, it was not a good time. With time, you gain more discipline and you learn to use your time more wisely. I am still learning and I fail a lot at it, but I feel like I am a lot better off than how I was freshman year. Keep your head up buddy, I am sure you can get better. If you are ever bored, you can read my post. I put quite a lot of time into it http://gcwindow.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andres,

    I definitely know what you mean. At the end of the day, you have to really make things happen. Whether you have to set alarms, or buy a calendar, these tools are extremely helpful. You should make a list every night of what you need to get done the next day and then the next day just cross off what you have done. Once you get into the habit of checking Canvas often and marking important dates, the issue of time management will be easier to work with.

    Please check out my post at: http://prosper95.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html

    ReplyDelete