Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Exit Strategy

To be perfectly honest and straight to the point, my preferred exit strategy is always decided with one goal in mind, financial profit. I plan to exit my business at some point (as i do plan to enjoy my life and retirement), but that point will come when I feel I no longer have to offer anything to the company i created. In shorter terms, when my usefulness into improving and bettering the company comes to an end, I plan to sell it. And for as much money as I can.
The particular reason I have selected this exit strategy is because of the same reason I started this venture, financial gain. Now while some may say I lack passion and all i think about is money, which I understand given how I have phrased my thoughts, it is also important to understand that doing something I like does not necessarily have to be the same thing I do for financial gain. I simply spotted an opportunity which I could grow into a profitable company, simple.
I think that having financial profit as a goal in my head from the very beginning has been very influential in how I make decisions in the company and how I spot opportunities. Since profitability is a key point, spotting opportunities that are worth chasing has led me to careful evaluation of every step I take with a company. It also affects me in how much I play to grow this company and my decision to sell it.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Andres,
    I agree with you are saying. We all may have passion for our venture, but it is the profit we are going to make from it that will let us live. I have the same plan as you do, I believe that it is a good idea to set an exit strategy in the early stages of the venture, but I think that after seeing the results and forecasting the future results of the company, I will be able to decide what exit strategy should be appropriate at the time. Great post!
    Take a look at my post and let me know what you think about it. Here is the link:
    http://alejandroentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete