Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection

Looking back at the semester in this final reflection I feel a bit moved and certainly proud of how far I have come as a student, an entrepreneur and mainly as a person. My most formative experience is also on that I am certainly most proud of. It was not necessarily reaching out to potential customers or gathering feedback from experts and peers; but rather the class as a whole and how it changed my mindset whenever I approach things. I am now more dedicated and feel that with proper preparation, drive and work ethic many things that seem too grand are actually completely doable. One of my most joyous experiences was definitely giving money away, there was just something great and fun about that part. Comparing myself and my entrepreneurial mindset from today and the one I had back at the beginning of the semester I would say I have grown as an entrepreneur. While I can't say I know everything there is to know, and probably never will, I have begun a journey with a different mindset and that I believe is a great start. One recommendation I would definitely make to students taking this course in the future is to stay ahead of the curve. Do you think its alright to turn things in the day before they are due? Try having them done 4 days before. Think you can be done 4 days before? Try a week early. These things help foster a go getter mindset that will have you reaching to be the best you can be and that is a huge help with this course, in an entrepreneurial environment in general and life as a whole.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Andres,

    I enjoyed reading your post. Although I must disagree with you when it comes to the fun you mentioned embodied the Free Money assignment, your other statements did resonate with me, as I felt them, too. The Free Money assignment was certainly interesting, but there's something about being shut down by a stranger when you are completing an assignment that forces you to give away your own funds that just sat oddly with me. I did, however, learn quite a bit from that assignment. I agree that the class has given participants a greater sense of the ability to accomplish grand projects, which was important to me. You did a great job overall, and I wish you success in the future!

    I linked my blog post to this comment. Feel free to take a look at it if you would like. http://entrepreneurship3003blog.blogspot.com/2016/04/week-15-final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andres!
    Our final reflections are soooo similar. It's great to know that you feel the whole experience was more formative than a specific instance. I also believe that is is extremely crucial to prioritize in this class. It is the best way to get all things done and be able to avoid crazy amounts of stress. Aweeesome post! Check mine out: http://isabellaangulo.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete