Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 Reading Reflection

This week's reading related to innovation and the way it can shape industries and the way it can build some pretty interesting things. One of the things that, as I was reading stood out to me as different from anything I expected was the way that creativity can be structured. I usually assume that creativity is often abstract and free and wild at times even. But through the reading I came to understand that there is an actual process to it and how that can be a very structured occurrence. The thinking process itself and all of its parts are what stood out in particular because it helped me visualize a process that is otherwise intangible. One of the more confusing parts of the reading was in my opinion the Areas of Creativity. There were more areas of creativity than I thought possible, and I wonder if maybe they can interlace and overlap. If I were to meet the authors and have the opportunity to ask anything I would probably ask where they think creativity currently stands in comparison to the way it was used in the past. I would also ask where do they see it going, to perhaps a major factor in creation of great companies or something similar?. While not disagreeing with the author at any specific points, this chapter has taught me a lot in terms of insight and conceptual knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment