Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection

In this Chapter, we talked about the entrepreneurial mindset and how it affects individuals, both from an ethical perspective and from a psychological perspective. We looked at different cognitive patterns and different decision making scenarios and styles that help shape the way that individuals and organizations think of the entrepreneurial venture.
One of the biggest surprises and new things I learned in this chapter is that the decision to become an entrepreneur derivates from a number of factors, some including personal characteristics, preferences in lifestyles, the business environment and any personal goals the entrepreneur might have. Before I used to think that being an entrepreneur was a simple decisions that is formed and created in a single moment, but now I understand that a series of factors come into play for a decision like that.
One part of the reading that was especially confusing to me is the Ethical considerations that many entrepreneurs can have. It is still somewhat hard for me to understand under what specific circumstances would an entrepreneur give up a golden opportunity for the sake of "correctness". I understand if it is a minor circumstance in which loses are minimal or negligible, yet when it comes to big decisions, it should be an entrepreneur's motto to keep building and moving forward in the best possible way.
If I had the possibility of asking the authors 2 questions my first one would be In which situations can an entrepreneur give up a big opportunity for profit for a lower profit, yet ethical option? I believe that in order to move forward in my entrepreneurship experience I must first understand all aspects of this endeavor. The second question I would ask the authors is which kind of issue does one prioritize over the other, network issues or leadership issues? This would greatly help in fully understanding what a company must prioritize in order to remain profitable and in business. I didn't quite find anything in which i greatly disagree with the authors, simply parts where I did not fully understand what they were communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment